From the mountains to the sea, create your paradise on the Coffs Coast.
Sawtell rock pool at sunset (credit Coffs Coast/Gary Bell)
Take in the fresh air and panoramic views from one of the many Coffs Coast’s headlands, overlooking the Solitary Islands Marine Park, where humpback whales frolic during their annual migration. With cold and warm currents blending to form a fish haven, it’s no wonder the humpback favours these waters to nurse, and teach their young life skills and playful tricks like tail slapping and breaching. With over a dozen headlands to capture this magnificent event and many tours to get you closer to these amazing animals, Coffs Coast is a favourite destination for whale watching. Take a look at this beautiful coastline in this new video featuring Sawtell beach and Bonville headland.
Whale watching on the Coffs Coast. Credit: Coffs Coast/Gary Bell
Turn to the west, and you will notice that the lush mountain ranges reach for the sea. These Great Dividing Range escarpments are home to a diverse landscape and include rich farmland and World Heritage rainforest.
A day is all you need to experience the diversity that the Coffs Coast offers. Begin your journey on Sawtell headland which overlooks the inlet of Bonville creek. Here you will find a haven of birdlife and a playground for water sports such as kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding.
Sawtell Headland. Credit: Coffs Coast/Gary Bell
Cool off in nature’s paradise with a refreshing dip in one of the many beaches and river waterholes, returning to your favourite headland to watch an unforgettable sunset from one of Australia’s most beautiful destinations.
Dangar Falls. Credit: Jason Starr Photography
Plan your Coffs Coast adventure today! Check out these great deals and plan the ultimate whale watching holiday;
- Breakfree Aanuka Beach Resort - 15% off the BreakFree Daily Rate
- The Observatory Holiday Apartments - Stay 2 nights & receive a 20% discount off the room rate
- East Coast Surf Tours - Book a private surf lesson and bring a friend for free
- A1 Coffs Coast Tours - 30% off Wine Tasting Tour chauffeured by Harley motorcycle
- Second Nature Fishing Guide & Re-wilding Experience - Book half day fishing tour and bring a friend for free
- Coffs Harbour Trike Tours – Book a 3-hour trike tour and bring a friend for free